Every week I get emails from people asking me how they can get paid to write online. Perhaps the name of the site has something to do with that. 🙂 After all, I do promise to offer advice on building a successful freelance writing career. And it may be that with 650+ posts on the site spanning five years, some people get lost and don’t know where to begin.
With that in mind, I plan to create an occasional post, aimed at collecting the site’s best advice on different topics (like the promotion one I did last year). The listing won’t be exhaustive, but it will cover some of the key issues which writers face. This first collection is aimed at new writers:
Creating An Online Presence
- How I Got Paid By Writing For Free
- How Have You Promoted Your Writing Today?
- Promotion Is Free – Article Marketing
- Self Promo for Freelance Writers – More Tips and Analysis Advice
- How To Build A Portfolio That Gets You The Job
- Three Quick Ways To Create Freelance Writing Clips
- How To Create A Writing Portfolio
- Making It As A Freelance Writer – Tip #7 – Copyrights and copy wrongs
- Making It As A Freelance Writer – Tip #8 – Copyright: rent, don’t sell
Managing Your Writing Business
- Freelance Writing Questions: Setting Rates
- When Last Did You Pay Yourself?
- Writing Pay – How Low Will You Go?
- Writer Earnings: The Woes and Joys of Currency Exchanges
- Why I Love Working At Home
- Taking the Plunge: Becoming a Freelancer
- The Evolution Of A Freelancer
- Can Anyone Be A Freelance Writer?
Still want advice on an issue not listed here? Just ask or check out the sitemap. And if you’re a regular reader of the blog, feel free to chip in with any of the posts here you think might help new writers.