Tis the season to do roundups – so here’s my roundup of what’s happened on Get Paid to Write Online in 2013.
Where was everybody?
The image shows the distribution of Get Paid to Write Online’s readership – mostly in the US, with quite a few in the UK and India.
Most commented posts published this year
- Five Fatal Flaws that are Killing Your Writing Business
- Your Writing Business – How to Rekindle the Romance
- Are You and Your Writing Clients Speaking the Same Language?
- The Tools I Love for my Writing Business
- Writing Biz Lessons from the Past
Most visited posts this year
- New Writers Start Here
- 8 Ways to Sabotage Your Freelance Writing Career
- Light Up the Brain: Create Fireworks With Your Writing [Infographic]
- How To Create A Writing Portfolio
- Five Best Sites For Freelance Writing Opportunities
- 10 Most Common Writing Mistakes
- How To Write With A British Accent
- I, Ghost Blogger
- 39 Writers You Should Follow On Twitter
- Freelance Writing Questions: Setting Rates
Top community members
These are the people who have commented most on my posts this year – thanks, guys!
- Cathy Miller, of Simply Stated Business
- Lori Widmer, of Words on the Page
- Carol Lynn Rivera of Web Search Social
- Nicole Fende of The Numbers Whisperer
- Nick Armstrong of WTF Marketing
- Honorable mention to the rest of the Word Carnival bloggers
Other interesting facts
- This year social media sites drove more traffic than direct referrals from other sites.
- The site that referred the most traffic was Tumblr (where I don’t even have an account) thanks to the massive resharing of the only infographic published on the site this year.
- Most people searching for the site found with variations of the “get paid to write online” keywords, though a worrying number are still after the image I used in Do You Have All Your Eggs in One Basket.
- People are still concerned about the best way to put together a writing portfolio, avoiding writing scams and the best apps for writers – we’ve got you covered!
Thanks for reading Get Paid to Write Online this year – and happy holidays!